Tuesday, July 26, 2011

An Awesome God!


This story happened about four years ago in Guyana.  Colleen and I were 
shopping in Georgetown and taking care of our business.

As we were coming out of one of the stores in Georgetown, a man walking by asked me for some money.  I told him that I didn't have anything to give him and he walked on.

We went and got in our car and Colleen turned to me and said, "Look at that!"  I turned and looked out my window, and there was the same man about half a block away and he was balancing on a post about three feet high.  There was barely enough room for his feet on the top of this post, but he balanced there and was moving about and saying something.

Then, I realized what he was saying.

Over on the side of the road, a vendor was playing a Tape or CD and the Contemporary Christian song "Our God is an Awesome God" was playing.  The man on the post was singing along with the song at the top of his voice.  He was waving his arms, he was doing a Cross, he was bringing his hands together in prayer, all while singing at the top of his lungs and balancing on this post in the middle of the road.

I was amazed!

I got out of my car and walked over to him and handed him a small amount of money.  He said "Thank you" and I said to him "NO. . . . Thank you!"

What a sermon he preached to me!  To be willing to stand in the middle of the street and proclaim at the top of his lungs that his God is an Awesome God!  He did it without shame, without being embarassed, or without expectation for reward.
And I was moved.  I was embarassed.  I was Ashamed.  And I was glad I got to see this!

I hope you see something like that on the road today.  I hope God speaks to you.  If he does. . . I hope you hear.  He really is Awesome you know.

See you on the Road!
STEVE

No comments:

Post a Comment