Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"Stop the Ride. . . I wanna get off! ! !"


Years ago, I was on a ride at a fair in Africa, and the ride attendant walked away.  The ride was one of those "Swing Rides" where you sit in a chair, suspended by chains, and spin around.  I was on that ride for about 10 minutes. . . and I have to tell you, I haven't been on one since!

I utterly felt like I had lost control and was at the mercy of the ride, and missing attendant.  It was scary in every way!

Over the past two months, I have felt like I have been on one of those rides again. . . for most of the two months.  Life has been spinning faster and faster, and it seems like it just wouldn't stop.  In fact, I'm not sure it has stopped YET!  But at least I am coping a little better.

I have to tell you, I am sorry that I have not been around for the past two months.  When I started this blog, I had every intention of writing something every few days to encourage us on our journey through life.  And then life caught up with me.  HA

Isn't that just how life is?  About the time we have things "figured out", life starts spinning and just doesn't seem to stop.  When Peter stepped out of that boat and started walking toward Jesus, I suspect he thought he had things figured out. . . but it didn't take long and his life started spinning around him.  Next thing he did was start to sink!  Can any of you relate to that "sinking feeling"?  I know I can.

I suspect that Peter felt the same way I did. . . out of control!  And scared to death!

But then Peter did something very smart!  He yelled out "Lord, Save Me!"  And Jesus did!

When our life starts to spin, and we feel overwhelmed. . . when we start sinking and all looks lost. . . perhaps we should look to Jesus and yell "Lord, Save Me!".  He's still there. . . just waiting for our call.

Don't let life spin out of control for you.  And certainly don't try to deal with the spinning alone.  Jesus isn't like that ride attendant that walked away from my ride in Africa to leave me spinning round and round.  He is there to stop the ride. . . and whisk you away in His arms!

Is your life spinning?

Are you sinking fast?

Call out to him.  He's still there, and He will see you through!

See you on the Road,
Steve

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steve! I am sad that you aren't writing anymore! This is a great post! I feel like my life has been spinning out of control for a long time now, but I've been praying a lot, too. Maybe in time, it will SLOW DOWN! Keep writing if you can! You are so wonderful at it! Tell Colleen and the girls I said hello!

    ReplyDelete